Have You Updated to HTML5 Yet?
Adobe to End All Flash Support for Major Web Browsers in 2020
In an effort to best serve and inform our customers, we would like to take this opportunity to remind you that most major browsers have declared that they will completely drop support for Flash at the end of 2020.
So, what’s Flash and HTML5? Flash has long been the industry standard for displaying video in web browsers and HTML5 is the new and improved method for this.
There has long been growing concern that Flash is antiquated technology that bloats the browser experience and that, compared to HTML 5, it offers a poor user experience.
What this means for you, the Immix customer, is that if you are still using Flash and have not updated to HTML5 when the deadline takes effect you will no longer be able to load video.
SureView Systems, in anticipation of this announcement, has redeveloped the front and back-end systems of Immix to use HTML5. This HTML5 update is available now and offers a replacement for Flash today.
As a result of this development, SureView has a company-wide initiative to ensure all of our Immix customers have moved to HTML5 by the end of March 2020; thus, providing plenty of time before the end of year deadline takes effect.
There are many added benefits that customers will enjoy with our new HTML5 update, including:
- No more popups when loading site monitor due to browser security concerns.
- Quicker loading times as the HTML5 player is built in to new browsers
- New HTML5 audit player allows you to speed up/slow down the playback up to 15X.
- HTML5 live camera control now contains an additional digital PTZ functionality for high definition cameras.
- Live video quality is superior to that available via Flash.
- Improved audit video interface with buffered streaming.
- New and improved dynamic HTML5 MultiView.
- Support for pass-through enabled integrations to significantly reduce server resource usage.
- Overall speed improvements.
- [New] Updated HTML5 video wall interface.
Please see our support pages on HTML5 below for installation instructions and to ensure your system has met all the necessary prerequisites prior to installation.
Most important are:
- Latest Immix Core and Integration Releases
- Minimum operating system – Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft .NET Framework v4.7
- C++ 2013 x86 Runtime Installed
- C++ 2015 x86 Runtime Installed
- Wildcard SSL Certificate with all Immix Servers encrypted
- New SureView Device Service (may need to book an SE help to get this installed)
You may run System Updates to install this latest release and enable your system for use with HTML5.
*PLEASE NOTE – A Valid SSL certificate is REQUIRED for certain functionalities included in these packages to operate correctly (i.e.: audio talk-down). If you do not have SSL applied to your system DO NOT install these updates and contact your account manager for assistance. Multi-Tiered server deployments must use a *wildcard certificate rather than a single DNS. If you are unsure which you have, contact your account manager for further details.
See this link for more detail on SSL: https://support.www.immixprotect.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028425811